FOR VENUE HIRE
1. The estimated minimum booking value is based on provisional prices which will be subject to variation and confirmed only once the final details of the event have been agreed. WEST reserves the right to pass on increases in costs over the period from booking to the event itself and will confirm the final price one week before the event, or earlier if full details are available. The final price will not, unless the company agrees otherwise, be lower than the minimum booking value.
Payment terms are 14 days from the date of the invoice.
2. Should the Client have to cancel his/her booking, the following charges in relation to loss of revenue based on the minimum booking value will apply:
Cancellation received with more than 90 days notice 15%
Cancellation received with 60-89 days notice 25%
Cancellation received with 30-59 days notice 50%
Cancellation received with 14-29 notice 75%
Cancellation received with less than 14 days notice 100%
Should the Client be able to rebook a similar event of similar value at a time acceptable to WEST, 25% of the cancellation charge will be credited to the rebooked event. (For wedding cancellations, see clause 4 below.)
3. Provisional numbers will be asked for at the time of booking and WEST reserves the right to set a minimum number to be charged for the event - see above.
4. If payment is to be made either by a credit or charge card, this request must be made at the time of the booking. The card must be produced by the card signatory prior to or at the event. Payment by cheque/cash must be made on receipt of the invoice. WEST reserves the right to request a non-refundable deposit for weddings. If the Client cancels a wedding booking, additional charges will be made in relation to loss of revenue based on the minimum booking value. (See clause 2 above).
6. The client is hiring the building only for their event. WEST is not responsible for any public events, which may take place within Glasgow Green.
7. WEST reserves the right to change agreed event rooms with appropriate discussion, should indicated numbers not materialise.
8. WEST may cancel the booking under the following circumstances: if the building, or any part of it, is closed due to fire, alteration, decoration or by order of any public authority, or for any other reason that could not be foreseen at the time of the booking; if the Client becomes insolvent or enters into liquidation or receivership; if the Client is more than 30 days in arrears with payment to WEST for previously supplied services. In such an event, WEST will refund any advance payment made, but will have no further liability to the Client.
9. The Client assumes all responsibility for any damage he/she and his/her guests may cause during the event at WEST's premises. The client will indemnify WEST from and against any and all losses, costs, expenses, damages and claims arising in respect of damage caused by the Client and/or his/her guests to any property at WEST’s premises. Any claims made against the Client will, in the first instance, be deducted from the deposit, where a deposit has been taken.
10. WEST will ensure that the event is undertaken using reasonable care and skill but shall not be liable for any loss or damage to the property of the client or any such person as may so occur. Any claim which the Client may wish to lodge against WEST must be forwarded within one month of the date of the event and the liability of the latter shall not exceed the total invoice value (except in cases of death or personal injury). WEST will not under any circumstances be liable for any indirect, consequential or economic losses.
11. Should the Client wish to employ the services of any outside contractor other than those arranged by WEST, the Client must undertake to indemnify WEST against any claims made against them resulting from an act or default by the Clients’ contractors or caused by equipment supplied by the Client. This indemnity is also to include cover under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974. Any outside contractor must comply with appropriate legislation including the Fire Precautions Act. WEST reserves the right to refuse access, without prejudice to any contractor.
12. WEST’s name, logo and telephone number cannot be used in any advertising or publicity without the prior knowledge and approval of a director of WEST.
13. The client will not erect any exhibitions, stands or displays within WEST's premises without prior written consent.
14. It is a term of letting that, goods and services cannot be bought or sold on the premises, and no tickets may be sold at the door.
15. The contract is governed by Scots Law and the Scottish Courts have non-exclusive jurisdiction.
16. The Terms of the contract, except as otherwise agreed between WEST and the Client in writing; regulate the contract between both parties to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions including any issued by the Client.
FOR USE OF THIS WEBSITE
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully as they govern the use of this WEST web site (www.westbeer.com) All material contained within this web site is covered by a disclaimer and protected by copyright laws. For the purposes of this agreement, "content" means material including, without limitation, text, video, graphics, audio and overall appearance of the site, published on this site, whether copyright WEST or a third party. By using this website you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect from your first use of www.westbeer.com
Access to this web site is subject to the conditions listed below:
Except as expressly stated in this site, no part of this web site may be copied, republished, downloaded, transmitted, broadcast or reproduced in any form without the prior written permission of the copyright holders except for your own personal, educational or non-commercial use. You may not adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any content except for non-commercial personal or educational use. Any other use of www.westbeer.com content requires the prior written permission of WEST. www.westbeer.com must only be used for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of www.westbeer.com
The names, images and logos identifying WEST, or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of WEST, and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of WEST, or any other third party.
Links to other web sites
This web site contains links to other web sites that are operated by third parties. WEST does not accept any liability over the content of these third party sites. The existence of these links does not constitute an endorsement of such web sites, and your linking to these sites is at your own risk.
Whilst all reasonable efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of content, no responsibility can be taken for any error or omission.
All images within the WEST web site are copyrighted and must not be copied or reproduced without prior written permission. All photographs are credited where possible.
Limitation of liability
WEST does not guarantee that access to this web site will be uninterrupted, that this web site will be free from viruses or that it cannot be tampered with by third parties. This web site and the information are provided on an 'as is' basis, with no warranties of any kind whatsoever, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, any warranties or any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Use of this web site and the information is entirely at the user's sole risk. In no event will WEST be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of, or related to, this web site Your sole and exclusive remedy for dissatisfaction with this web site and/or information is to stop using the site and information.
Modification of the terms and conditions
WEST may modify the terms of this agreement on this site. You agree to periodically review this agreement to be aware of any such revisions. Should the revision be unacceptable to you, you agree to stop accessing this site. Your continued use of this web site following such notification of any such revision(s) shall be deemed as acceptance of and agreement to abide by all such revisions.
This policy governs all pages hosted at www.westbeer.com and registration for these sites. It does not apply to pages hosted by other organizations to which we may link and whose privacy policies may differ. Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated. This policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically.
Personally identifiable information
collects the following information regarding visitors: IP addresses; what pages are accessed by an IP address; and information volunteered by you, such as email address.
Use of Information
WEST uses the information we collect about you to help us with understanding more about how our site is used and to be able to send you communications such as our mailing list.
Collection of information
When you are on www.westbeer.com and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with WEST alone unless stated otherwise.
Distribution of Information
If you have subscribed to the WEST mailing list, we will send you communications several times a year. WEST will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
Update, Correct, or Delete email addresses
The accuracy of your individual identifying information is important to WEST. If you change email address or if any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date or if you would like removed from our mailing list please email please email
WEST will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information, except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it. WEST does not sell lists to others.
Protecting personal information
WEST is committed to taking reasonable steps to protect the individual identifying information that you provide to us.
When you give WEST personal information we take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, WEST cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.